Now I know what she was buying all those canvases for a couple weeks ago!
Dina and I are taking a challenge, and wonder: are you game?
Here are the details (as written up so nicely by Dina):
- In August, do 2 canvases per week. Any size (well, I'd say 8x10 at the smallest...biggest is up to you). Weeks run Aug 1-7, Aug 8-14, Aug 15-21, Aug 22-31 (you get extra days in that last week).
- Theme can be ANYTHING...and you don't have to be entirely finished. But at least a GOOD start, if you know what I mean. Make an effort.
- Canvases can get pricey...if you like, you can work on canvas board. Or, even large sheets of paper or chipboard. The point is to work on something OUTSIDE of your journal structure! There's nothing like putting paint on a canvas, though...hint hint, push push.
- Post your canvases each week if you have a blog...and link back to our weekly posts.
- Don't stress, don't worry...this is loosey-goosey. It's about the experience, it's about stretching, it's about doing something new. We'll be posting tips, observations, etc. as we go along.
I'll be running an online class while doing this, so you can do it, too!
And each time you work on a canvas, leave a comment with a link to it -- one comment per canvas (either on your blog or flickr, etc) -- and I'll enter you in a drawing to win a free spot in one of my classes! Make sure to go over and comment on Dina's blog, too, so you can be entered to win a spot in one of her classes, too! We'll have a drawing Sept. 1st.
I'll also do two more drawings for 2 prints from my Etsy shop. ;)
It should be FUN! Get out there and just go for it! We'll be sharing our experiences and inspirations along the way, so make sure to check back in to see how we do, too!
Can't wait to see what we all come up with!